A recent seminar participant said that he loved his job so much, he hadn’t had dinner with his kids in the last fifteen years. As I thought about that afterwards, it seemed appropriate to send along this mid-holiday email that a friend sent to me.
You don't have to actually answer the questions.
Just read the e-mail straight through, and you'll get the point..
2. Name the last five World Cup trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of Miss World .
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize..
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of FA Cup winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
These are no second-rate achievers.
They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies..
Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special!!
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials..
the most money...or the most awards.