Do You Know What ‘s Scary?
Presenters who do any of the following 10 things:
- Don’t prepare for a meeting (Who? What message? What content? Why? What outcome?)
- Give canned pitches and expect to win business.
- Engage in monologues rather than conversations
- Miss listener cues
- Fail to involve
- Fear going off script
- Give clinically correct, but boring, data dumps
- Ignore importance of examples, stories, and metaphors to shape thinking & simplify complexity
- Show visuals that confuse rather than illuminate a point
- Undercut their authority & credibility with poor delivery (low energy, non-words, poor eye contact, etc.)
Einstein said, “One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.”
Are you or your team doing any of these things over and over again and “scaring” listeners? If so, now is the time to chase away those presentation-killing goblins and replace them with smarter strategies and skills.
Make What You Say Pay!
New! DEMO & Presentation Assessments: Nail Q4. Start 2016 with a bang!
- Missing business?
- No time for training?
- Want to identify weak spots (Content, story, visuals, engagement, relevance, impact)?
Call today for details on how easy, cost-effective and practical it is to do an Assessment to fine-tune your presentations. 212 876 1875 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Need Presentation/Demo Coaching or Training?
"Anne has transformed the way we engage with clients. I highly recommend her for demo/presentation training."Trish Bertuzzi, Pres, The Bridge Group, Inc.
Now Available in print, on Kindle & as Audiobook
The Tall Lady With the Iceberg: the power of metaphors to sell, persuade, & explain anything to anyone.*
“Filled with fresh thinking, this book should be a "must read" for all salespeople and business leaders who want to take their communication skills to the next level.”
2. I discovered a new sales tool that is a time-saving godsend for anyone who needs to find telephone numbers and email addresses for prospects. What can takes hours to research now takes only seconds (!) with Capture, a plug-in created by Ringlead. Capture does this and more. Check it out. www.ringlead.com/capture
3.I keep finding really useful online services. This one is for firms that want to show online demos that are tailored to potential customers. Check out Demochimp.Very clever.
If you like these posts, please share with friends, clients, and colleagues. Thank you!