On the “people-are-more-interested-in-their-kids-than-in-yours” theory, meaning that listeners do not want to hear everything you know about your offer, but only what is relevant to them, here is a quick method for figuring out what will have the greatest impact on them in your presentation.
Create 5 Written Lists
1. What are all your firms assets?
2. What are all the positive things that are currently happening for your prospect in their business?
3. What is challenging or threatening their current business?
4. What is trending in their industry?
5. What are likely objections to your services, idea, or product?