You have no doubt read about the hacking of the cheater’s site Ashley Madison, the website that facilitates extra marital affairs. No, this blog is not going off-color, but I did note how one company found a way to create incremental business (and attention) from this situation and saw some application to successful selling and presenting.
Apparently, after having read about the hacking which launched a frantic search by users of the site for their names as well as a search by lawyers looking for potential divorce evidence, Arena Flowers, a British florist came up with the clever idea to offer customers “apology flowers,” -- at a discount! Fast-thinking folks, those Brits.
Turn Lemons to Lemonade
Without us passing judgment onthe new floral offer, the fact is that Arena saw an opportunity and took it. Question: How do you take advantage of unexpected events in your business? For example,
- The stock market tanked this week. Is there a way to re-position what you offer or to offer something new?
- People are on information overload. Do you have a way to cut through the clutter?
- Everything is going high tech. Do you have a way to reintroduce the human factor into business?
Uber, Airbnb, Lyft, and a myriad other online sites are filling needs created by a rapidly changing world. But you don’t need to be a hot new tech company to respond profitably to change. At your next internal sales/marketing meeting
- Look at your industry.
- Look at your competition.
- Look at trends
- Look at your assets.
- Review why your customers chose to buy --and stay with--your service.
- Connect the dots. How can you present your services in a fresh, appealing way OR create a new offering from existing assets?
You are limited only by your imagination.
Make What You Say Pay!
Proud to be Included on Top Sales World's Top 50 Sales Blogs of 2015
Call today and turn your information that tells into an experience that sells.
"Anne has transformed the way we engage with clients. I highly recommend her for demo/presentation training."Trish Bertuzzi, Pres, The Bridge Group, Inc.
Now Available in print, on Kindle & as Audiobook
The Tall Lady With the Iceberg: the power of metaphors to sell, persuade, & explain anything to anyone.*
“Filled with fresh thinking, this book should be a "must read" for all salespeople and business leaders who want to take their communication skills to the next level.”
2. I discovered a new sales tool that is a time-saving godsend for anyone who needs to find telephone numbers and email addresses for prospects. What can takes hours to research now takes only seconds (!) with Capture, a plug-in created by Ringlead. Capture does this and more. Check it out. www.ringlead.com/capture
3.I keep finding really useful online services. This one is for firms that want to show online demos that are tailored to potential customers. Check out Demochimp.Very clever.
If you like these posts, please share with friends, clients, and colleagues. Thank you!